Stocking For A 110

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Nate3544, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Nate3544New MemberMember

so I am setting up a new 110 tall aquarium and was wondering what would be some cool stocking ideas. I was thinking about keeping some tiger barbs, but I’m open to anything so suggest whatever you want.
    Thanks

2. lilabug4545Well Known MemberMember

If I had a 110, I would stock an oscar (and nothing else), but I doubt you'd be interested in that.

3. Aqua HandsWell Known MemberMember

What do you want? peaceful? Oddball? nano? cichlids?
    I would do the following.
    A Blackwater tank . floating plants, tall plants, moss and then like a 2-3ft opening in the middle.
    You could put some Discus, Neon, Embers, RCS(Put these in first and let the population grow to atleast 200), Kuhli Loaches, also some sort of top dweller.

4. Nate3544New MemberMember

I actually did think about keeping an oscar but I would have wanted to have more than just one fish and I was worried about aggression.

5. Puck44Valued MemberMember

I would keep an angel!

Other fish too obviously! Lol!

6. devin s.Valued MemberMember

a single betta, one to be envied by all

;) (im joking btw)

7. aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

I'd go with nano fish. You could easily do a shoal of like 50 embers tetras - or boraras, or any other nano schooling fish, 50 odd pymgy cories (or kuhlies... or tbh, 30 of each) and some sparklong gouramies to fill out the top.

8. Nate3544New MemberMember

I’m setting up a new 110 gallon tank, I still have to cycle it, but was thinking about the stocking. The tank would be planted, but I would like some suggestions on interesting stocking combinations.
    Thanks

9. Aqua HandsWell Known MemberMember

I think a really cool think to do would be a HUGE betta Sorority.
    something like this.

*30-35 Female Bettas
    *20 Kuhli Loaches OR *10 Panda Cories

10. aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Nano fish all the way! Get schools close to 75 - 100 without making a massive dint in the bioload!

Other than that, I reccomend a couple of whiptails, with some hatchetfish (say 10 or so), large school of colombian tetras (20) with a school of cories (8) like red lazers and then a centerpiece fish like a severum or the like to finish it off?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice