Stocking for a 10 gallon tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by AllHallowsEve31, Aug 7, 2015.

1. AllHallowsEve31Valued MemberMember

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys thought a 10 gallon would be fine with 3 ADFs, a Betta, and 2 mystery snails?

2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

ADFs are much better off in species-only tanks, and they might mistake the betta's fins for food because I've heard they have poor eyesight. Also, make sure to have a backup tank ready to go in case somebody decides to not play nice.

Overall, I'd say it's doable imo, even if it's not the ideal setup for the frogs.

3. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Agreed with BTWB.

4. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

5. OP
    OP
    A

AllHallowsEve31Valued MemberMember

Well I currently have 2 ADFs with a Betta in a 3 gallon right now, and as far as I've seen, they both seem to have no interest in one another. And, before anyone mentions it, there is no problem feeding the frogs, because my Betta doesn't like the frog pellets.

6. OP
    OP
    A

AllHallowsEve31Valued MemberMember

You're right lol, I just wasn't sure if having 2 mystery snails would be too much bioload.

7. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

8. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

The can get big and ime create quite a bit if waste.
    Also the betta could pick at and damage their antenna (is that what their called?)
    I had to separate one of my bettas from a snail.
    Haven't tried it since.

A more deserve diet would benefit your frogs as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice