Stocking For 50g

1. wibbylynn

wibbylynn Valued Member Member

Hi everyone! I have my new 50g set up and it is almost complete. Now I need to stock it...

Right now, I have the members of my old tank, which is a lonely male sunrise tequila guppy and a golden mystery snail. I do want more guppies and more snails. I am also interested in dalmatian mollies, albino cories, neon tetras and cherry barbs.

I will appreciate any stocking combinations you come up with, I am very open to new ideas and new types of fish I have not heard of before!

I am mildly interested in fry, but as a beginner I wouldn't know the first thing about what to do with them, so I will likely end up with an all male tank. Will this cause aggression? I know many livebearers will eat most of the fry, which would be great because I want fry I just don't want to have to deal with hundreds of full grown fish. However, I am worried since that log in the back is hollow all the babies will simply hide in the log where the other fish cannot really get to easily (they can get in there, but not as easily as baby fish).

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

Here's an idea:

5x male guppies
    10x albino Cory
    10x Rummynose tetra
    2x German blue ram
    2x mystery snail

And if you put (real) plants in:
    10x red cherry shrimp