rohanr

Hi all I just wanted to get some input on the stocking for my 20 gallon high:

1 bristlenose pleco
1 male honey gourami
5 kuhli loaches
10 rummynose tetras
10 blue dream shrimp
3 nerite snails

My tank is medium planted with a marineland penguin filter. Please let me know if you think this tank setup would work well or if you have any suggestions

Thanks

Megaanemp

1 bristlenose pleco
1 male honey gourami
5 kuhli loaches
10 rummynose tetras
10 blue dream shrimp
3 nerite snails

My tank is medium planted with a marineland penguin filter. Please let me know if you think this tank setup would work well or if you have any suggestions

Thanks
Bristlenose Pleco can get huge, but some don’t (mine has only reached 3 inches). It may work if you do a lot of water changes and maybe up the filtration. Also I would not keep honey gouramis alone, they are crazy social and can become depressed if kept alone. I’m not sure about the other fish on your list, hopefully someone else will chime in

Upvote 0

AquaticQueen

1 bristlenose pleco
1 male honey gourami
5 kuhli loaches
10 rummynose tetras
10 blue dream shrimp
3 nerite snails

Thanks
BN plecos should not be kept in tanks under 30''.
Honey gourami are social fish and should be kept in groups. Get a pair, 1 male, 1 female. I would up the amount of kuhli loaches too. 7 maybe?
Add lots of coverage for the shrimp. The honeys will probably eat them if they have no places to hide.

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

1. I'd skip the pleco and add two female honey gouramis.
  2. I probably wouldn't put the shrimp with the fish either. There's really nothing wrong with it, but they might become expensive fish snacks, and it will be difficult for the colony to grow without a lot of places to hide, in which case you probably won't see them very often.
I see AquaticQueen beat me to it.

Upvote 0

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom