20 Gallon Tank Stocking for 20 Gallon High tank

jinjerJOSH22

Sounds good to me

Upvote 0

kallililly1973

Sounds like a good plan. I never had Pygmy but being they are much smaller i may go that route. But with all our tanks we have bent the rules as far as stocking goes so I might not be the best person to listen to

Upvote 0

Hehehehaw

Sounds like a good plan. I never had Pygmy but being they are much smaller i may go that route. But with all our tanks we have bent the rules as far as stocking goes so I might not be the best person to listen to
Ya I am leaning towards the pygmy cories. Mostly because it is a 20 high so there is less floor space for the albino cories.

Upvote 0

kallililly1973

Ya I am leaning towards the pygmy cories. Mostly because it is a 20 high so there is less floor space for the albino cories.
If your 20 tall isn't set up yet and you still have time to go with a 20 long you may be able to get away with other types of corys.

Upvote 0

Hehehehaw

If your 20 tall isn't set up yet and you still have time to go with a 20 long you may be able to get away with other types of corys.
Unfortunately I have already purchased a 20 high because a 20 long doesn't fit anywhere in my room.

Upvote 0

kallililly1973

Unfortunately I have already purchased a 20 high because a 20 long doesn't fit anywhere in my room.
I think you will do fine with the pygmy then. Post pics when you have it set up.

Upvote 0

Hehehehaw

Will do!

Upvote 0

Hehehehaw

Any recommendations for an exact number of fish. I was a bit general and said 8-10 neons, 2-4 Honeys, and 6-8 Pygmys.

Upvote 0

FinalFins

Personally I would make the pygmy school around 10

Upvote 0

Hehehehaw

Personally I would make the pygmy school around 10
Ok thank you! Any ideas for the others?

Upvote 0

FinalFins

Ok thank you! Any ideas for the others?
Based off personal preference I would switch the tetras for rasboras but regardless I think the numbers are fine.

Upvote 0

Hehehehaw

Based off personal preference I would switch the tetras for rasboras but regardless I think the numbers are fine.
Actually I am considering rasboras at the moment. I really like chili rasboras, harlequins, galaxy rasboras, and the lambchops. But I think harlequins are a bit bigger than neons so I am not sure. So I wouldn't be able to have as big of a school if I did go with the harlequins.

Upvote 0

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Top Bottom