Stocking Fluval Flex 15G

Plorbond

Hey everyone!

I'll be setting up a Fluval Flex 15 gallon soon and am deciding between two stock options, either:

3x Pea Puffer
6-8x Otos

or

2x pair of Multis

Any input or other ideas for stocking? Thank you :)

BigManAquatics

Puffers could be fun.

Upvote 0

Plorbond

Puffers could be fun.

yeah I was thinking the same, maybe save multis for a 20 long

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

yeah I was thinking the same, maybe save multis for a 20 long
Yeah, not sure 2 pairs would fit well in a 15. Also that many ottos, 15 gal not enough to support the algae they eat if you cant get them to eat other foods. Certainly not for 6-8.

Upvote 0

Plorbond

Yeah, not sure 2 pairs would fit well in a 15. Also that many ottos, 15 gal not enough to support the algae they eat if you cant get them to eat other foods. Certainly not for 6-8.

I was thinking about that and was going to supplement with cucumber but I didn't think of the fact they may not even eat the cucumber. Would maybe 8-10 dwarf corys be better?

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Thats do-able. Dwarf cories with something schooling. Don't know if i would mix them with puffers

Upvote 0

Plorbond

Any ideas of what I could put in with the puffers then? I'd be happy with just them in the tank but I'm just wondering if there's some sort of bottom-dweller or detritus eater that could work.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Something bigger than them might work.

Upvote 0

TheAnglerAquarist

Any ideas of what I could put in with the puffers then? I'd be happy with just them in the tank but I'm just wondering if there's some sort of bottom-dweller or detritus eater that could work.
I know this is late but I’d do a species only tank with the puffers

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GuppyOverlord11
  • Question
Replies
Views
kansas
  • Question
Replies