Stocking fish after cycling

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Scanlon, Mar 22, 2010.

1. S

Scanlon Valued Member Member

Hi

I am expecting delivery of my 55g tank at the end of the week and I have eagerly researching the tank cycle on fishlore (thanks for all the helpfull info) and can't wait to get started.

Ultimatley I would like to have a community tank wsome angels and would like some info on what fish to stock once the tank has cycled. I've read that angels will eat neon tetras but can be ok with them if tetras are stocked first and the angels, when introduced, are young? I was also thinking of getting some guppies and moving them to a smaller tank for my daughter once they have done their job?

Your advice would be a great help

thanks

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Scanlon and Welcome to Fish Lore.

:animal0068:I've moved your thread to the Aquarium Stocking Questions section of the forum to help you to get more responses.

I hope you're enjoying the site. Glad you have found it informative!
    Ken

3. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

I still wouldn't risk keeping angels with neon tetras. Angels get pretty big. I would advise on some corydoras as bottom feeders.

4. t

trailblazer295 Well Known Member Member

From what I've read about angels if the neons are small enough to be eaten they could be. I'd avoid any fish small enough to be eaten by angels. Post pics

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice