Stocking Cichlids

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The green Texas and JD will likely outgrow the tank. You probably should look at rehoming the fish or getting a bigger tank. The Green Texas will grow up to 1 foot and the JD will get around 8-10".

The reason why the 55 doesn't work is that it's 11.5 inches in depth. So there is no turning radius for the fish to turn. The firemouth and convicts should be OK, though it is pushing the limits.

Friends.NotFood.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fashooga said:
The green Texas and JD will likely outgrow the tank. You probably should look at rehoming the fish or getting a bigger tank. The Green Texas will grow up to 1 foot and the JD will get around 8-10".

The reason why the 55 doesn't work is that it's 11.5 inches in depth. So there is no turning radius for the fish to turn. The firemouth and convicts should be OK, though it is pushing the limits.
Well all the fish are still young and relatively small. I also have a 100 gallon tank I’m currently not using so I’ll eventually set it up for them when the time comes

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As long as you have a plan that's all it matters. Typically most people don't have that luxury...stock for your current tank, not what you will get in the future...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom