Stocking check following sickness

BibiLee

Hi everyone,

I have a 70l tank running since 2 months. Stocking is 3 hillstream loaches, 10 neons, 11 harlequin rasboras, 4 ghost shrimp, 2 snails (they might be black nerite racer snails but I don’t know for sure).

I’ve recently had a scare with my harlequin rasboras (All my rasboras bloated red belly overnight? | Harlequin Rasbora Forum | 499286 ) so after browsing through this forum section I realize I might be slightly overstocked. So wanted to submit my stocking list to the experts here :)

I have the full Jewel kit including LED 60 8W lighting, internal filter with 300l per h pump and heater 50 W - to that I’ve added a second 150l per h pump also positioned at the top of the tank to add some flow and a JBL ProFlora Bio80 CO2 apparatus. The little house and fake stingray are my daughter’s additions :p

Hope this helps to advise me!
Thank you for sharing your vast expertise! :)

Attachments

• 587A8BFB-2F5B-4879-9068-6A4BB2D03441.jpeg
    587A8BFB-2F5B-4879-9068-6A4BB2D03441.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 8

BigManAquatics

Yeah, that seems like a lot of fish for that size tank. Hiw often you do water changes?

Upvote 0

BibiLee

I’ve done 3 water changes; I waited 2 weeks with just plants, 1st water change I did was 25% after 2 weeks with snails and ghost shrimp (so tank was about 1 month old), 2nd change 25% 10 days after adding the neons and hillstream loaches and last one (2 days ago) another 25% about 8 days after adding the harlequin rasboras - happy to keep doing weekly changes if that can keep my fish healthy without having to give an away? :)

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I would try 50% each water change.

Upvote 0

BibiLee

That feels like a lot of water at one time, what’s the alternative? What’s the best number of fish and how many would be ideal?

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

If you rehome all the rasboras I think you could get away with 30% weekly. Otherwise I would go with 50% weekly.

Upvote 0

LHAquatics

I would try 50% each water change.
Or 25% water changes every week. and a 50% monthly

Upvote 0

BibiLee

Thank you! I’ll keep testing and see if I can keep the levels good. And I’ll keep the food lower just in case. :) appreciated!

Upvote 0

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom