Stocking an 80 Gallon tank

saqib

Hi Everyone,
My 80 gallon tank (minus substrate and plants it should be around ~70-72 gallons) has been running for about two months now, fully cycled and planted, houses a single female swordtail and 3 zebra danios since start.
My source water has a pH of around 8.2 and making the choice of fish/inhabitants quite hard for me. I dont want to get into the whole chasing a particular pH value/range, its too much work and never remains stable for long.
Water parameters:

20210716_203613.jpg

I'm looking to add 3 Pinoy Gost Angelfish (~3 cm each) & around 6 Congo tetras (~4 cm each) to the tank.
I could also go with 3 Angelfish and 6 cherry barbs.

I didnt want to add them all in together but my LFS is adament that he cant hold onto them for a couple of weeks as he's got to make space for more stock coming in.
My challenge is that its very hard to get a hold of these fish and usually dont come into stock too often where i live :(

Would it be OK if i put them in and dose stability everyday for 7 days? Or does it seem like a disaster in the making?

Adding a few random pics of my tank just to give you an idea of the plantation.

20210718_143408.jpg
20210718_143401.jpg
20210718_143351.jpg
20210718_143103.jpg

ProudPapa

Are you asking if it's okay to add all the stock at once? If yes, ordinarily it of course isn't a great idea, but that seems like pretty light stocking for a tank that large, so I'd think that the ammonia produced by the fish would be dissipated enough that it wouldn't be a problem. I'd still test the water often and do water changes if/when needed, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Upvote 0

saqib

Yes, that and thoughts on either going for cherry barbs or the congo tetras.
Barbs being barbs, I hope they don't go around nipping the angels.

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

Yes, that and thoughts on either going for cherry barbs or the congo tetras.
Barbs being barbs, I hope they don't go around nipping the angels.

I haven't kept either one, but from what I've gathered cherry barbs are less prone to aggression than most other barb species.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Poll
40 Gallon Tank 44 gallon tank stocking
Replies
Views
AhmedMagdy
Replies
Views
Natalie666
  • Question
Replies