Stocking an 80 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Disturbed, Jul 4, 2016.

1. D

Disturbed New Member Member

I am looking at putting together a small species predator tank. Dimensions in inches are 72 x 14 x 18. I have the following in my tank at the moment:

Pictus Catfish x 2
    Synodontis Petricola x 2
    Asian Bumblebee Catfish x 1
    Spiny Peacock Eel x 1
    Paradise Fish x 1

This is what I would like to add:

Crazy Fish x 1
    African Butterfly Fish x 1
    Red Tailed Black Shark x 1
    Black Ghost Knife Fish x 1

Pakistani Loaches or Flying Foxes are also being considered.

What are people's thoughts ? Is there anything I should add or consider not adding from my list ? Any thoughts or criticism appreciated. Thanks.

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bumping this up for you

3. OP
    OP
    D

Disturbed New Member Member

Nobody has an opinion ?

4. tyguy7760

tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

So I will admit I am not familiar with many of these as they are not as common but I'll give you some advice that I think should help.

I would up the pictus cats to 3 as they do better in groups and with 2 you may have some added aggression. Petricolas should be upped to 5. I'm not familiar with a "crazy fish" and have no experience with the others.

5. Cef

Cef Valued Member Member

In my opinion, I think you are quite bottom heavy with S. Petricola, pictus, asian bumblebee, and eel. Also RTB tend to be aggressive to tankmates. One site (seriouslyfish) advices to never put them in the same tank with catfishes. Be sure to add a heavy lid of the african butterfly. Not sure about the other fish.

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Agreed with tyguy.
    Also, what is a 'crazy fish'?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice