Stocking all of my tanks!

nj278

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi! This morning I picked up two 5 gallon tanks, to add to my 18 gallon and 38 (tall) gallon tanks. I am looking for any stocking ideas for all of my tanks. I am happy to shuffle the current fish around. I currently have:
- 1 male betta
- 1 young angelfish
- 1 male bolivian ram
- 1 peppered corydoras (very happy on her own)
- 2 penguin tetras (will get more of these or possibly rehome as I'm not a huge fan)
- 2 adult guppies, 8 juveniles, 8 fry

I really really love to breed fish, and would love to start breeding betta, angels, rams, corys,or anything. I would love suggestions on what to stock the four tanks with. I'm always looking for cool, unique fish too. My pH is quite high (7.4-7.8), which is why I went for the bolivian ram as opposed to german or electric blue.

Thank you!

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You could devote the two 5gallons to breeding bettas. If you had one be the female bettas tank and the other be a growout tank for the females (of course the males would be jarred) then I feel like it would be a good setup. Eventually you could move the juvenile bettas to the 18g and all the other fish to the 38g and use the two 5 gallons for the male and female betta parents :).

OP
N

nj278

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
jkkgron2 said:
You could devote the two 5gallons to breeding bettas. If you had one be the female bettas tank and the other be a growout tank for the females (of course the males would be jarred) then I feel like it would be a good setup. Eventually you could move the juvenile bettas to the 18g and all the other fish to the 38g and use the two 5 gallons for the male and female betta parents :).
Thank you! I like the sound of that. I would also be interested in any other suggestions if anyone has anything!!

OP
N

nj278

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've also always wanted honey gourami, but maybe I'll have to leave that until my next tank!

OP
N

nj278

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
JettsPapa said:
You could make one a neocaradina shrimp tank.
I don't think you can get shrimp where I live unfortunately!

flyinGourami

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
What is your current stocking exactly? Who is in what tank, temperature, hardness? Also I personally find it hard to believe that your single peppered cory is "very happy on her own".

OP
N

nj278

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
flyinGourami said:
What is your current stocking exactly? Who is in what tank, temperature, hardness? Also I personally find it hard to believe that your single peppered cory is "very happy on her own".
In the 38 gallon I have everything except the betta. The temperature is 78F, don't know about hardness. The betta is in my 18 gallon which is also 78F.

As for the cory, I have made several posts about getting her some mates before but most people have agreed that she is exhibiting happy cory behaviour. I have been keeping corys for years and she is as active as any other group of cory I have ever had. When I had others she was very shy and would not come out from beneath her rock but once I separated her she became very active. She often swims around with the ram.

New Threads