Stocking Advice Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Molasses, May 14, 2019.

1. Molasses New Member Member

Hey everybody,

It's been a while since I last used FishLore, and that's because things have been going really smoothly with my now 6 month old 29 gallon tank with a Marineland Penguin 200B filter. For about 4 months, I've had a stock of 5 cherry barbs, 1 Dwarf Gourami, 6 Glowlight Tetras, 1 Upside Down Catfish, and 1 Bristlenose Pleco. I've had no problems, but I'm going to be giving my Bristlenose to my neighbor soon because his tank suits the pleco better than mine.

With that being said, I'm looking to fully stock my tank this summer and I made this draft with AqAdvisor and I was looking for some advice. I have a feeling I am overstocked with this group, and I would like some experienced people's opinions on it. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of keeping a few of each species, but I love the variety. I think with this stocking, none of the schooling/shoaling fish are too lonely. Also, I made the guppies 1.5 inches because I plan to get 3 males.

So does this stocking seem too much? Is AqAdvisor accurate here? What would you change or get rid of? I'm open to any ideas because honestly, I'm still a rookie at fish keeping. Thanks for your time!

Attached Files:

2. imba Well Known Member Member

For aqadvisor, its advisable to keep the stocking at 80% and below. Your stocking is at 100%, and it might be fine, but just be aware that you might require doing larger ans more frequent water changes.

3. TheWalkman Valued Member Member

To me it looks a little over stocked.
    I would only add the panda corries. And maybe up your schools.