stocking advice

insole92

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
after i have re-homed the fish i have in my 56 gallon 48"x15"x18". I want to dirt and heavily plant it and put my tiger barbs from my 10 gallon and up the school and add some denison barbs (roseline shark) would these to work together and how many of each also what else can i put in with them

x in advance
owain

iloveengl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The roseline sharks are very active fish that grow large enough that they may become too big and energetic for a 4' tank. They also prefer fast moving water; if you do choose to get them, I would invest in a quality powerhead. Imo, though, they're not suitable for your tank.

The best tankmates for tigerbarbs are more tigerbarbs. There are some really cool color variations that you can get, and with some live plants and aquascaping, you will have a very active and striking tank.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good afternoon,

After a good bit of information that I've seen, I agree that more Tiger Barbs would be your best bet. I think it would be nice to have a tank with nothing but these fish. Tiger Barbs can be such nippy little fish at times. It makes me worry when I see them in someones community tank. Some folks do make it work though.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Ken

bankruptjojo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i think a good cichlid that can take care of himself would be a good choice. maybe a firemouth or two? then you could add some bottom catfish that are hardy. maybe a few pictus catfish or other synos... never tried this but i dont see the tigers messing with either. if it were my tank id deff give it a try, i do have the ability to rehome fish if needed.

i had tigers with yoyo's, GBR's and SAE with no problems but i did take the tank down before the barbs got to big.

insole92

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
how many tiger barbs could i have if they were the only fish in there

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom