Stocking Advice :d

Monsterchu

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey guys, I have asked this question a few times, each with different stock options. I feel like I will never finish my tank. >_<

Current Stock:
5 Kuhlis - Adding 5 more today
14 Ember Tetras
2 Sparkling Gourami

Per aqadvisor I'm at 85% stocking level. I would like to add more sparkling gouramis but they are extremely hard to come by for me.

My tank looks super empty because they are all tiny fish, which is what I wanted. So I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on which plants or other fish that I may add to my tank.

I attached a picture of my aquarium for reference... Please don't judge it too hard, this was before I knew aquascaping was a thing. >.<

Attachments

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Aquadvisor is very inaccurate.

You could add a few male endlers and some invertebrates.

I would add some bigger, bushier plants like java fern and some floating plants like salvinia (personally I prefer duckweed due to the longer roots that small fish love but others hate it as it grows very fast)
I would also add a black background.

Monsterchu

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Awesome. Thanks for the advice, I love endlers, I initially didn't get them because I was told they were feeding fish D:

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If you can get more sparkling gouramis, I would do that too.

You can always add more embers as well!

Monsterchu

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
If you can get more sparkling gouramis, I would do that too.

You can always add more embers as well!
I would love to get more sparkling gouramis. It took me forever to find the ones I have and my LFS only had two left.

&I was also thinking I could have a giant school of Embers. Not sure how many more due to stocking. Seems like I can fit a lot of fish because of the empty space.. but I am afraid to over stock.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You could fit many embers in this tank, as they're quite small I would think 20-30 total would be fine without overstocking

Monsterchu

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You could fit many embers in this tank, as they're quite small I would think 20-30 total would be fine without overstocking
I agree, 20-30 would be good. They will be very happy in such a large school!
Awesome! I think I'm going to this. I can't wait to see them schooling. It's also thanks to them my sparkling gouramis are so outgoing!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom