Stocking advice: compatibility & recommend mouth-brooder? Question

1. n

newfishgal Initiate Member

Hi there,

I have recently set-up a planted freshwater aquarium (75 gallons) and am currently planing the fish stock. Here's what's on the list so far:

- 7 Rosy barbs (3 male, 4 female)
    - 4 angel fish (2 male, 2 female)
    - 6 small cory's (would like Adolfo's but don't know if I can find them)
    - 1 siamese flying fox

I would like to add one more school to the above but I am still debating which one. I would like something that shoals; is colourful; is active but not aggressive; and won't be bothered by the above fish. It would be nice as well if they were small or had a different body shape to the ones above - i.e. some contrast. Some of the ones that have made the short list are:
    - 10-15 Harlequin rasboras
    - 8-10 red-blue columbian tetras (down-side is similar body shape to the rosy barbs)
    - other suggestions? I would love cardinal tetras but I think they are too small to be with the angels.

The other thing I am wondering is if I can add a pair of medium sized mouth-brooding cichlids that are reasonably non-aggressive to this mix. Some of the books that I have read suggest that there are such things but I have yet to find the right one. Any suggestions?
    My reason for adding this pair is that I think they would be really neat for my 4 yr old son and 2 yr old daughter to watch.

Thanks so much in advance for your advice!!!!

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

3. k

kacie Member Member

I'm don't think these fish are compatible with the Angels but if you wanted mouthbrooders I'd research eartheaters. Try Cichlid Forums cookie cutters for good stocking ideas.