I have a 55 gallon well planted, temp is 78 all parameters are good
Stocking is:
3 pearl gouramis
7 cardinal tetras
6 cherry barbs
8 green corydora
3 Bolivian rams
3 Siamese algae eaters

I was wondering if there is more space for fish. I recently removed some and although I have fish it feels like I want more lol. Filtration is good enough.

I was considering maybe adding more pearl gouramis or maybe a bristlenose pleco.

if anyone has suggestions I would appreciate it.

Unknown9182

I have a 55 gallon well planted, temp is 78 all parameters are good
Stocking is:
3 pearl gouramis
7 cardinal tetras
6 cherry barbs
8 green corydora
3 Bolivian rams
3 Siamese algae eaters

I was wondering if there is more space for fish. I recently removed some and although I have fish it feels like I want more lol. Filtration is good enough.

I was considering maybe adding more pearl gouramis or maybe a bristlenose pleco.

if anyone has suggestions I would appreciate it.
Bristlenose pleco would workout well, I wouldn’t add any more pearl gouramis because sometimes adding more gourami can cause nipping issues.

Pikephillips322

Have you tried the aquadvisor website? You put in you tank dimensions, filters, fish etc and it tells you your stocking level and filtration needs. It’s pretty handy.

ProudPapa

If it was my tank I would only add to the existing schools instead of adding more kinds of fish. The longer I keep fish the more I like more fish of each species with fewer species.

Bristlenose pleco would workout well, I wouldn’t add any more pearl gouramis because sometimes adding more gourami can cause nipping issues.

I will respectfully disagree. That's much less likely to happen with pearl gouramis than with most other gourami species. I would encourage you to keep more females than males, but if you wind up with more males it's not necessarily a problem.

MacZ

Have you tried the aquadvisor website? You put in you tank dimensions, filters, fish etc and it tells you your stocking level and filtration needs. It’s pretty handy.
Doesn't help here, I see more problems with behaviour and compatibility than bioload here. AqAdvisor is far from useful for anything but bioload (and imo doesn't use a really comprehensible algorithm), and here it's rather about other things than that.

If it was my tank I would only add to the existing schools instead of adding more kinds of fish. The longer I keep fish the more I like more fish of each species with fewer species.
Agree. There is much more necessity to stock up several of the groups than adding any new fish.

I would also consider removing the SAEs and not adding a BN pleco. Although SAEs are not prone to attack other fish like CAEs, but they can still harass and stress other fish.

Katie13

I would also either add or remove 1 Bolivian Ram. They do best in even numbers instead of odd (unless we’re talking only 1). There’s a reason you normally don’t see only 3 Angelfish or similar in a tank. It’s not uncommon for 2 of them to hang up on the third.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
  • Question
Replies
Views
Arrow1oo
  • Question
Replies
Views