Stocking A New 55 Gallon...what Order?

mossman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have two Angels, eight Congo Tetra, Five Geophagus Tapajos, and ten Corydora Adolfoi all in quarantine, and need to know what order to add them to the community tank, which is currently unstocked. The two Angels are in their own separate quarantine tank at the moment. I was thinking it would make sense to add the Angels first, because they are the only semi-aggressive species, followed by the remaining fish. Does this make sense, or is there some other order I should add them? Or is it okay to add them all at once, considering the majority of them are already together anyway?

BillCNC

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Angels are territorial and will eat whatever it can fit in it's mouth, but it doesn't look like you have any worries there. Are the Angels same sex or a potential breeding pair?

It also look's like you have fish that don't normally brawl with angel's unless they're breeding. A safe rule to follow is the most aggressive fish should be added last. With that, males should be introduced a couple day's after the female.

This gives everyone time to look the place over and feel comfortable without being in a panic from the start.

Regards
Bill

mossman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sorry, I misspoke. I meant add the Angels LAST, because they have a tendency to be semi-aggressive. I don't know what sex the Angels are. I've had one for several months and the other for two weeks, so the older one is about three times the size (about 3.5").

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom