Stocking a 75 gallon 75 Gallon Tank

1. AncientCyclops Initiate Member

Hi well I was wondering a little bit about a few stocking ideas. My first would be bosemani rainbows, panda cories and if I could a pair of rams. Of these how many would be a good fit amd leave some extra room. Lastly if this wouldnt work what else could I stock a 75 gallon with. Thx

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. AncientCyclops Initiate Member

Another would be another community setup with school of panda coeies a school of tetra two rams if possible and possible another school of tetra

3. AncientCyclops Initiate Member

last option would be a cichlid tank but dont know much about them but along with these builds tell me what other stocking ideas I could do thx again.

4. AncientCyclops Initiate Member

Also if bosemani rainbow fish wont fit or do well what are some other suitible rainbow fish

5. Watehobit Member Member

With a 75 you have plenty of room to add a few different types of rainbows. You could also add a school or two of rasbora or tetras, and a school of panda cories!

6. AncientCyclops Initiate Member

By any chance have you ever had bosemani rainbow because iv heard them only reaching up to 3 inches while some get up to 5 inches so about how big can they get?

7. Watehobit Member Member

I only have praecox myself and haven't had them that long. From my reasearch I believe that boesmani normally grow to around 4 inches.

8. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

I've not seen too many Boesemanis get to be 5 inches long. I don't know if I've seen any, actually. 3 inches is about as big as they get.

9. AncientCyclops Initiate Member

Ok how many do you think would do well in a 75 gallon with a school of cories?

10. AncientCyclops Initiate Member

I was also thinking about getting praecox instead. Still deciding between the praecox and bosemani.

11. AncientCyclops Initiate Member

But with bosemani how many of the bosemani and how many cories would be good

12. Watehobit Member Member

So just for the fun of it I put together a list of what I would put in a tank that size.

6 x Praecox Rainbows
    9-12 Rainbows distributed among: Boesmani, Turquoise, Millenium
    9 x Panda Cories
    9 x Rummynose Tetra
    5 x Brilliant Rasbora

Ok, now I want a 75g...

Edit: ooh, or a 120 might be better.

13. AncientCyclops Initiate Member

Would this work?

8 x bosemani rainbows
    13 x panda cories
    2 bolivian rams or german rams
    10 rummynose tetra or cardnial tetra

Or all of these without the tetra

14. AncientCyclops Initiate Member

Good news I might be able to get my hands on a 90 gallon :) so now I wont have to worry about space issues with the bosemani rainbows. Thx every1