Stocking A 55 Gallon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Daniel Kraus, Sep 15, 2018.

1. D

Daniel Kraus Valued Member Member

i was looking for ideas on how to stock a 55 gallon tank. I’d like some schools and maybe one or two larger fish. I’m interested in things such as blue eye rainbows, threadfin rainbows, elephant nose fish, eels, hatchet fish, African butterfly fish. And more. Open to any suggestions all the help is appreciated.

2. Harlee

Harlee Valued Member Member

I think a pair of blood parrot cichlids would look nice as a centerpiece fish :)

3. OP
    OP
    D

Maybe but aren’t they aggressive? Not sure I just know Cichlids have a reputation.

4. Harlee

Harlee Valued Member Member

They are usually pretty peaceful. Here this website tells fish that are compatible with them !

5. Princethepurplebetta

Princethepurplebetta Valued Member Member

I have a bp. They are VERY agressive. My female has killed every fish i have every tried to put in with her even though its a 90gallon tank. So im stuck with just a bp in a 90. They also live a long time. Mine are 19.

6. OP
    OP
    D

SOunds like they have a range of personalities

7. Princethepurplebetta

Princethepurplebetta Valued Member Member

They can be ok with other fish IF you get them at a young age. You want to make sure the other fish will live longer than the bp the or you have an issue like i do lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice