Stocking a 30 gallon help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Michaelwolfe92, Jul 4, 2016.

1. M

Michaelwolfe92 Valued Member Member

Hi,I'm currently cycling my new 30gallon aquarium and I'v got an idea of the fish I'm after but just want to know if it sound okay or a stupid idea. I'm going to buy a school of tiger barbs because I think they're lovely active fish and I hope to keep some Bolivian Rams with them and maybe a albino rainbow shark but not sure if the tanks too small for the rainbow. Thanks

2. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Rainbows are very aggressive, tiger barbs nip a lot if you don't have a group of at least 20, and dwarf cichlids is pushing it if you house 20 tiger barbs plus one rainbow.

3. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

Unfortunately your tank isn't large enough for a rainbow shark, but you can keep tiger barbs!

What about something like this:
    12-15x Tiger barbs
    1-2x Bolivian rams

4. OP
    OP
    M

I thought it might be too big for my tank, no point buying it because this 30gallon is the biggest I can fit in my livingroom ha :) I like the sound of a big school of tigers cause I could mix them up with a few albino and green tigers maybe?

5. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Yep!

6. OP
    OP
    M

Do you think it would be a better idea putting the rams in first so the barbs don't think it's all there territory, also iv only just set my tank up, filled it up and put old plants from my old tank and old water from my old tank, will I need to just leave it to do its job growing the bb or do I need to do partial water changes. Iv been putting fish food in daily cause I'm doing a fishless cycle. Iv got two female bettas in my little tank not sure if it's better to put them in my new tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice