Stocking A 29 Gallon High

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi all! I am cycling a new 29 gallon and am wondering what you guys think about my stocking. Would you add anything? Take away anything? Compatibility issues? Change anything? What plants do you recommend?

The tank is a 29 gallon high with a Marineland Penguin 200 Biowheel, an adjustable heater, an air stone, and it is moderately planted.
Ph: hovers between 6.7-7.2
Ammonia: ????
Nitrates: 0
Nitrates: 0

I am DYING to have an angelfish

My planned stocking:
-Angelfish x1
-Harlequin rasboras x10
-Molly x1
-Clown Pleco x1
-Guppy x4
Can I add any cories? Also keep in mind that the Angelfish is a baby, so I think I might risk it with the guppies. If it doesn't work out, I will transfer the guppies to my 10 gallon. (I have a backup plan)

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That filters a bit small for the tank, if possible, I'd upgrade filters. If you don't upgrade, you'll have to settle for a lighter stock. Your Ph shouldn't be swinging like that, that can really stress your fish out. How are you cycling the tank? You listed nitrates twice.

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That filters a bit small for the tank, if possible, I'd upgrade filters. If you don't upgrade, you'll have to settle for a lighter stock. Your Ph shouldn't be swinging like that, that can really stress your fish out. How are you cycling the tank? You listed nitrates twice.
Oh yes! I also have another sponge filter (not sure if that's enough???) but yes I meant Nitrites and Nitrates! The reason I have a pH like that is because when I first tested the water it was lower, but a few weeks lasted that's when it rose. So right now it is around 7.0. Sorry I didn't clarify!

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Personally, I would skip on the guppies and molly. Having the guppies, molly, angelfish, and the rasboras together would be too much for the top-mid section of the tank.

You do have space for cories. Are there any species that you're interested in?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom