stocking a 20g high

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Damien808, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Damien808Valued MemberMember

I for sure want corys in there, but i have no clue what to feed them. Im open to suggestions for other fish that would be fine with the corys and what to feed them.

2. alinkWell Known MemberMember

I dont think a 20 high has a big enough footprint for a school of Cories. You could do dwarf Cories if you can find them. You will need to have a soft fine sand substrate, so keep that in mind when you get a filter, you may want a prefilter sponge so it doesnt suck up the sand. You can feed them bottom feeder tablets (not algae wafers as there is little nutrition in them), sinking shrimp pellets, blood worms, brine shrimp, and flakes. You have quite a few options for stocking. What kind of fish interest you? Colors? Look at liveaquaria.com and see what you like for fish and then bring your ideas back here for confirmation if they will work. A lot of their recommendations on tank size, temp range, etc is not accurate so dont ignore a fish you like because it says it needs a 30g tank, or temp range that is too warm or cold for what you will keep it at. Just run them by us and we will help you pick them out after you find what you like.

3. Damien808Valued MemberMember

Im honestly open to anything but guppies lol. It just depends on what i can find at the chain and the small amount of local fish stores where i live. I would love gbr's in the future but i have yet to find a place that sells them.

4. alinkWell Known MemberMember

Tell me a little more about the tank. The desired temp you will keep it at, form of filtration, live plants or fake plants, driftwood, rocks, etc. Lighting you will have, pH of the tank, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels of your tap water. Or anything else about it.. All this will help narrow down what would work best.

5. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I agree, for most cories. But there are some like panda cories or dwarf cories that would work (pandas being a smaller type than usual).

6. Damien808Valued MemberMember

i found some panda cories! i bought 7 since there were only 7 in the tank and i didn't want to leave one behind. i don't have a phone to take pictures

7. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Congrats!

8. Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

Congrats! Pandas are cute little cories :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

9. Damien808Valued MemberMember

thanks guys i literally saw and them and jumped for joy because i thought i would never find some i went to petco and they were selling them for $14.00 which i thought was crazy. i went to a lfs nearby and boom they were there for $3 each.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice