Stocking A 20 Long(am I Overcrowded?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing
2 american flag fish
5 Red eyed tetras(getting an upgrade from my 10 gallon that they were in temporarily)
and 6 Zebra Danios

Is that too much for the 20 long?
I was also planning on adding some plants, not a lot about 4 or 5.

Do you think I would be able to add 2-3 shrimps as well into the mix?

Last edited by a moderator:

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would do either the tetras or danios and do 8 of them.

I'm not sure about the flagfish. They vary in temperament. You could try some larger shrimp like ghosts or amanos but dwarf shrimp would get eaten. If you were to do shrimp i would add more plants. I've heard that males can be very aggressive when spawning. A pair of bolivian rams may be a safer bet and would work with ghost or amano shrimp.

Reaction score
I would do either the tetras or danios and do 8 of them.

I'm not sure about the flagfish. They vary in temperament. You could try some larger shrimp like ghosts or amanos but dwarf shrimp would get eaten. If you were to do shrimp i would add more plants. I've heard that males can be very aggressive when spawning. A pair of bolivian rams may be a safer bet and would work with ghost or amano shrimp.
My only problem with that is I keep hearing Bolivian Rams and GBRs are hard to keep

Steven_342

Reaction score
My only problem with that is I keep hearing Bolivian Rams and GBRs are hard to keep
Bolivian rams are not hard to keep as they are forgiving with water quality but have less color although they are not boring to look at at all, GBRs are harder to keep as they are more sensitive however they are incredibly beautiful fish and can be rewarding if you take good care of them. That being said GBRs prefer hotter water temps so if I were you i would go with the a pair or 2 of bolivian rams

Reaction score
Bolivian rams are not hard to keep as they are forgiving with water quality but have less color although they are not boring to look at at all, GBRs are harder to keep as they are more sensitive however they are incredibly beautiful fish and can be rewarding if you take good care of them. That being said GBRs prefer hotter water temps so if I were you i would go with the a pair or 2 of bolivian rams
Awesome thanks for all the info, im gonna do my research on the bolivian rams and then probably wind up getting a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

Dream Tank Type?

• Freshwater

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 10 38.5%

Top Bottom