Stocking a 10g

1. Emilynn55 Member Member

So I still have my first tank which is a 10g set up with a filter I would have to get new substrate but I was wondering what are the best (multiple) fish to stock in a 10g. I would really love to have a Cory cat but I was wondering if the needed a heater.

Emilynn

2. echi1 Well Known Member Member

Hi,
    You could have a pair of gardneri killifish, 4 pygmy cores and 6 chili rasboras with water parameters:
    PH: 6.5 - 7.0
    Hardness: 6 - 14
    Temperature: 73 - 77oF
    Just a suggestion using AqAdvisor - aqadvisor.com/ Really cool site! Warning don't have two male gardneri killifish together, they're like betas. And you may or may not need a heater depending on how hot you keep it in your house, but they will be fine without one if your water stays stable at around 75oF. You also might need one for winter. Hope this helps!!

3. ricmcc Well Known Member Member

Hi: Some Cory's do well in cooler water, the spotted or leopard I believe, and even everyones' old favourite, the Bronze--but as they do need to school, I don't believe that you have yet the room for them.
    You might look into some small cold water loaches,
    And I would suggest that you also check out White Cloud Mountain fish, they are lovely, especially in cool water, and can fit into a 10 gal, I believe. This is just another suggestion, btw, I think that the prior one would be excellent..
    All the best to you, rick