Stocking a 10g (40l) tank???

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyandoreo

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So I currently have a 100l tank which I bred platys in, which due to lack of space, I have to now sadly sell (I have given the platys to my brother). I was thinking of downgrading to a smaller 10g tank, and because of how small it is, I was wondering what fish I can put in it?? I have a heater so the fish can be either coldwater or tropical
cheesy.gif

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well it depends on what fish you like to have. I'm personally a tropical fish person my self. In my 10 gallon, I have a crown tail betta, 2 ghost shrimp, and 5 green Corydoras catfish. They all get along just fine. My betta isn't aggressive and the others are transparent bottom feeders that he rarely sees. With these bottom feeders he specially the ghost shrimp), you don't need an expensive filter either. Just my words, choose for yourself but if you do this then I'm sure you will have a great time.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sparkling gourami, celestial pearl danios, chilli rasboras, scarlet badis, Betta, shrimp are some suggestions suitable for a 10 gallon - not all together I might add!
Green or emerald corys are Brochis Splendens & are slightly bigger than corys & are not suitable in a 10 gallon, they need more space.

TylerLovesFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
For a single fish by itself, a betta. You could do a few chili rasboras by themselves, a bunch of shrimp by themselves, or some small danios by themselves. Even if people tell your their betta isn't aggressive, you should never put them with other fish or with another betta, because 9/10 times they will fight or be aggressive.

FishyWater2525

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
In my 10 gallon, I have White Cloud Mountain Minnows and Amano shrimp. I'll also soon be adding ghost shrimp They're a cold water species, so if you want a more tropical species, maybe neon tetra? They are very touchy about water quality though, so the tank would have to be perfectly cycled and everything in place. You could also do guppies! Haha. Some don't like guppies, but I find an all male guppy tank is very attractive. All the flashy colors are mesmerizing.... Lol
For cleanup crew, there are snails (Apple and Nerite are my fav), shrimp (Ghost, Red Cherry, and Amano), and Cories! (Dwarf species only in a 10g (Peppered, Julii))
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom