Stocking a 100

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Tigress Hill, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

Say I am in possession of a 100 gallon tank. For such a size I would want to stock some examples listed below.

-Gar
    -Discus
    -Piranha
    -Cichlid community
    (*DISCLAIMER*~ These would not all be in the same tank!)

If I were to do the community, I might just steal the Nut's 125 stock and adapt it to my tank;D Otherwise I need assistance. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

2. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

Well, you know what I would vote for :D

You could do Blood Parrots, Chocolate Cichlid, Serverum and Firemouth. Plus schooling fish.

3. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

7 goldfish :p

Cichlids sound fun, too, though. I'd do two larger ones (of the same kind) and then a couple other random slightly smaller ones (mixed) if you did that.

4. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

I was thinking more of stock centered around an oscar. I used to have one (my first real rescue:)), and I fell in love with that fish.

5. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

Ah, so you're a glutton for punishment? Yes, you can do an Oscar, or 2 even. 2 Oscars, a JD and some Australian Rainbows perhaps?

6. kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

Discus! ;D

7. Skysong87Valued MemberMember

Oh oh, I vote the Oscar! Cichlidnut has already helped me plan my stocking around an Oscar :)

8. AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

Discuss or Angels

9. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Or both :)

10. Landozer18Well Known MemberMember

If it was me I would go african cichlids and pick a lake & lots and lots of rainbow fish. How ever I see cichlidnut is probably what I would do if your stuck on the oscar.

11. SiggiWell Known MemberMember

and then throw in some piranhas!! :;pumpkin

:;jaws Hahaha

12. BumblebatWell Known MemberMember

Just fill the whole thing with pygmy cories.

13. EthanWell Known MemberMember

14. scotty bWell Known MemberMember

i think a 100 gallon ammazon bio-type would be great

15. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

What are the measurements, TigressHill?

If you live in a state that allows them, I vote pirahna. Discus would also be fun and if you planted the tank, it would look incredible!

16. Landozer18Well Known MemberMember

Discus require great water conditions=lots of work
    Do you have the time?

17. N2GongfuValued MemberMember

I LOVE Oscars!! Great personality. For me its a toss up between an Oscar pair, or an AWESOME community tank.. hmmmm..

18. bryce1217Valued MemberMember

if i can keep discus anyone can. lol. one did die though:(

19. nibogNew MemberMember

I also vote for Discus and/or Angelfish.

Establish the discus first, let them grow a bit then add in some younger angels and you should be dandy.

Am looking to do the same for my 75.

20. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

Oh, do Oscar and then some Severums :D. Severum are way cheaper and have the same general shape as Discus.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice