Stocking A 10 Gallon And 2 Gallon Tank?

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
i have a 10 gallon and a 2 gallon tank
what should i put in them...i have just a couple but i would like to get some more....
i don't know if anything can even go in a 2 gallon tank..i used to have a siamese fighting fish in it but it recently passed away from age so i don't really want another one of them..so ya..suggestions?

10 gallon:
4 Dalmatian molly fry (born July 25th)
1 albino Cory catfish

2 gallon:
nothing

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your cory would love to have a couple of buddies as they like the company of their own kind, When your fry get too big to be eaten maybe a couple more mollys, then your pretty well stocked.
Carol

lokky.funky

Valued Member
Reaction score
I've read that, atleast 2.5 gallons of water is required for proper filtering and heating.. So, I'm afraid tat you'll not be able to do that with your 2 gallon.. Anyway, there are a lot of ppl who would suggest something better. Keep your fingers crossed!

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
i would actually also get some that breed so i don't have to buy all that many more.
but i would like colorful ones.
i guess i should get one or two more cory catfishes, the fry are now big enough. i'd say they're about ½-1 inch big...and they're great.
i think there might only be 3 but who knows? i thought before there was 1 but then there were 4 so yeah more suggestions would be great.
i would like;
-colorful
-breeding
&
i guess..2 cory catfish? or a different algea eating one.

Tamara

Valued Member
Reaction score
also...easy to keep alive.
i'm good and remeber to feed them because they're in my room, but i just can't seem to keep expensive ones...(ex. goldfish-42$...dead within 8 days....) i know that goldfish are tropical fish but that made me quite mad...also it was a bad LFS, so all my fish are now 5$ and under.
thanks!

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I understand your frustration...the trouble of course is that not all stores will have people experienced in keeping fish, or who having it have any wisdom about them as well.

I have a really small tank as well...and I think that I might convert it to a terrarium for a small frog or else just put a plant in it or something.

As for the ten gallon, I'd probably add 2-3 more corys and a snail, and see how they do.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The 2 G would be really pretty done up with nice gravel, lots of plants and a large snail. Hide a bubble stone in the plants and do regular water changes I did a 1 G pickle jar that way once and it was just out standing. Good Luck!
Oh by the way Goldfish really aren't tropical fish. They are coldwater fish and require much cooler water that tropical fish.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom