Stocking 8 gallon planted

KeegansTropiks

Hello all I have recently setup my 8 gallon planted aquarium with lots of rock and red plants. (Will provide pictures)

The aquarium is cycled I want to know what I could introduce to this tank to stand out against the red plants and black background.

I’m looking for something blue or yellow. Not too big as it’s only an 8 gallon. Don’t really like the shrimp only setup.

Anything would help though thanks!!

lovetuv

Hi! Beautiful tank! Personally in something of that size I would go with a single betta or maybe a shoal of ember tetras. You could also consider some male endlers or a dwarf puffer. A single pair of male platys could also be nice. Of course, I mean each of the suggested species as the only inhabitants of the tank, not all together!

I love my single betta tanks, I think they are so beautiful! And they have so many colors so you could definitely find something that matches your color scheme. Personally, that is probably the route I would go but I understand wanting to try something new! Good luck!

Rye3434

For something bluish how about green neons

LHAquatics

Male endlers would be cool.

AquaticQueen

IMO, a single betta is the only thing you could keep in there. Platys get too big and produce too much waste to be kept in anything under 20 gallons. Embers and green neon tetras would probably be too active. This is just my opinion though, so please don't attack me.
Nice tank, by the way!

KeegansTropiks

Thank you everyone for your response, I have ended up with another plakat betta. Had to re scape the whole tank because he didn’t like it but he’s absolutely worth it!!

AquaticQueen

Thank you everyone for your response, I have ended up with another plakat betta. Had to re scape the whole tank because he didn’t like it but he’s absolutely worth it!!
Nice fish!

LHAquatics

That is a beautiful betta especially with the blue eyes :heart:

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Freshfishguy
  • Question
Replies
Views
jake37
Replies
Views