stocking 54 litre long tank help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by redwag1, Jul 10, 2015.

1. redwag1New MemberMember

Dwarf gourami Bolivian ram 3 platy 3 albino cory 3 cardinal 2 neon tetras advice needed is this overstocked what would you suggest?

2. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

I'm afraid that would put you at fairly overstocked. Both the tetras and cories need to be in groups of six of their own species since they are schooling fish. The gourami would need at least a 20g ( not sure what that is in liters, 110?) or it might get aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. redwag1New MemberMember

What about honey gourami?

4. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Honeys are generally more peaceful than other gouramis.

Just realized in your first post you have tetras. Those tetras are fairly active and will not be happy till they are in groups of six of their species and will need at least a 20 gallon for one set or a 29 gallon if you want to keep both groups.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
  5. bettamarsValued MemberMember

I'm pretty sure all of those fish need a 20 gallon (about 76 liters) except the platies. And even if you had a 20 gallon you couldn't be able to have those 3 schooling fish with the 3 platies and gourami and ram. I would just do some guppies and platies (all males unless you have a separate tank for babies and a place for the babies to go.

6. Et tuValued MemberMember

I think this tank is a 15 gallon, is the footprint 24 X 12 inches? Yes in my opinion what you have listed it is overstocked, and I may add oddly stocked. I would have 6 or more neons the ram or the gourami (not both) that's it... no cardinals, platies, or corries .

7. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Welcome to fishlore!
    Agreed with Et tu.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice