Stocking 500 Gallon Silver Arowana Tank

matija

Valued Member
Reaction score
so i got good deal for tank 3 meters long 1.2 wide and 0.7 meters deep and i really dont know how to stock it my options for bottom eaters senegal bichirs,clown loach, for mid dwellers silver dollars,oscars ,pangasius.i wanted it to look like this
(first thing that pops)but of course this tenk is much bigger,i would really like to somehow have silver arowana and oscars but i dont know how much oscars i can put in and will they destroy aquascape same goes for silver dollars.if somebody has cool idea for stocking this tank let me know

RonJ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
matija said:
so i got good deal for tank 3 meters long 1.2 wide and 0.7 meters deep and i really dont know how to stock it my options for bottom eaters senegal bichirs,clown loach, for mid dwellers silver dollars,oscars ,pangasius.i wanted it to look like this
(first thing that pops)but of course this tenk is much bigger,i would really like to somehow have silver arowana and oscars but i dont know how much oscars i can put in and will they destroy aquascape same goes for silver dollars.if somebody has cool idea for stocking this tank let me know
Oscars will dig sometimes. Planted tanks and cichlids are not a good combination.

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i had a 150 gallon with a young Arowana and a pair of oscars before rehoming all three. The Oscars constantly picked on the aro. And nipped his fins. Oscars, especially in pairs or more will cause mischief if allowed to.

RonJ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Fanatic said:
I am not sure how Oscars and Arowanas would fare each other.
Here in Singapore, Oscars and Arowanas are always put together. Also put are Datnoids such as 3bar Indonesia Tiger and 4Bar IT etc. So that will fair good with Asian arowana. So I believe same is applicable to silver arowana too.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
RonJ said:
Here in Singapore, Oscars and Arowanas are always put together. Also put are Datnoids such as 3bar Indonesia Tiger and 4Bar IT etc. So that will fair good with Asian arowana. So I believe same is applicable to silver arowana too.
Thanks for sharing!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom