Stocking 5 gallon nano

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Stocking' started by ReCause5764, Jul 3, 2016.

1. ReCause5764Valued MemberMember

I'm picking up and fluval evo 5 and was wondering if y'all had any ideas of what would work well with it. This tank will be in my 7yo room

2. Airth

AirthValued MemberMember

The first thing I'd do is read up on the Nitrogen cycle if you haven't already.

Also pick up a heater, filter, some water conditioner that'll remove chlorine, the API master test kit (semi expensive but will save you $ in the long run), d├ęcor (preferably live or silk; plastic can tear fins), and substrate.

Your options are pretty limited with a 5 gallon. I'd really only put shrimp, a snail, and a betta in a tank that size. And that may be pushing it on swimming space.

Alternatively you could do one or two African dwarf frogs (be careful that you're not being mistakenly sold an African clawed frog if you go that route).

3. jpm995Well Known MemberMember

I would be careful putting a tank in a kids room. If he tips it over he can get hurt. I think a betta is one of the few fish that can florish in a tank that small.

4. OP
    OP
    R

ReCause5764Valued MemberMember

Lol yes I know I need to cycle the tank. And actually I didn't mention it's a nano reef. So saltwater fish. My son is old enough to know not to knock over the tank and either way the stand will be attached to the wall.

So to clarify I'm looking for saltwater stock ideas. Corals, fish, and inverts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice