Stocking 30g. Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by ksilva, Apr 21, 2018.

1. ksilvaNew MemberMember

Hey guys! New to the forum and new to this hobby. In February, I purchased a 30g half moon tank. (already regret that.) Its heated (about 76 degrees) and currently using the Penguin 150 filter. I don't have any live plants yet. I did a fishless cycle and then started stocking my tank. I'm currently stocked as follows.

4 Ember Tetras
    6 Panda Corys
    2 Male Guppies

I know I should have at least another Ember in there, but the local store I use is out, and I haven't found them at other stores around here.

Looking for ideas/recommendation on which other fish I can keep in this tank, or if I need any other kind of equipment where I may be lacking.

2. Iridium_2256Valued MemberMember

I like pictus catfish as bottom feeders. Mine are probably the 2 most spazy fish I have ever met, lol. They look like real catfish as well, and are pretty hardy. Just make sure nothing can fit in their mouths

Plecos are always a nice tankmate as well, a golden Bristlenose is a bit more rare, but very cool fish.

3. ksilvaNew MemberMember

@Iridium_2256 Wouldn't my tetra be too small to keep with them? They only get to be about .75"
    "

4. ksilvaNew MemberMember

My Ember's are only about .75", would that be considered too small?

5. Iridium_2256Valued MemberMember

That would probably be a tad too small. Just stick with the panda cories then, but a golden bristlenose is still a good tankmate.

6. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

I would increase the amount of embers to twelve, and add more cory.
    You have room for more fish.

7. ksilvaNew MemberMember

What is the reason you would increase the embers to 12? I'm not a huge fan of them, so would prefer to get something else if I could. Maybe a school or neons or something similar?

8. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Are you planning on keeping the embers?
    You can add neons, that's fine.

9. ksilvaNew MemberMember

I wasn't planning on getting rid of them, just possibly getting another 1 or 2 to round them out, if I can find them locally. But I don't want much more than that.

10. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Well, now that I think of it, I would be a bit concerned about Neons and Embers, they have the same temperature range, but neons usually do way better in the lowest of 70.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice