Stocking 29g

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Kaitlinashleigh, Apr 15, 2018.

1. K

Kaitlinashleigh New Member Member

i currently have 4 silver mollies, a dwarf gourami, and a kuhli loache in a 29g tank. Any suggestions on what else I can put in there. I was thinking guppies or tetras. Also how many more kuhli loaches could I get?

2. j

jaymethy Valued Member Member

Kuhli loaches are best in shoals of 5-6 or more, but grow quite large, so I'd say that youre best off without them. For a shoal that size you need at least 50 gallons. I'd swap them out for a shoal of 6 or so corydas catfish.

Guppies or tetras (depending on type) would fair well in that tank. Depends if you want something that may shoal or not. The tetras will shoal, so keep that in mind when determining how many you are getting.

You could also get another DG or two, provided there are sufficient hiding spots in your tank.

3. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

I would up the kuhli loaches to around 5-6, but they don't need large tanks.

A 29 will be fine for kuhli loaches.

I would take out some mollies as they poop a lot, grow to 5 inches, and breed crazily.

If you kept 1 molly, you could have room for other fish.

4. phantom

phantom Valued Member Member

personally I think you should keep a couple corydoras and some platys and/or guppys message me back on your opinion!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice