Stocking 29 Gallon

Giul

Well Known Member
Messages
1,015
Reaction score
593
Points
148
Experience
1 year
StXWP6 said:
I was thinking higher light but i really am not sure, which ones are the lowest maintenance?
The low lights are the lowest maintenance for me
 
  • Thread starter

StXWP6

Valued Member
Messages
164
Reaction score
13
Points
53
alright so i think I've got the stocking nailed down but I just want to double check my equipment for the tank to see if it works.
I am getting an Aquaclear 50, a 150 Watt heater + Digital Thermometer, Aqueon LED full hood 30", Aqueon 40 air pump + air stone. please let me know if any of this doesnt work. Also what type of substrate would be good for a planted tank and or plants? I really like the look of Java moss/fern and anubias. Thanks! Any help is appreciated!
P.S. I didnt include the python/net and those types of things.
 

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,520
Reaction score
4,931
Points
608
Experience
5 to 10 years
All the plants you listed are column feeders, so they wouldn't be in the substrate really. So the substrate doesn't matter. I personally like sand as you can get it real cheap and it looks very nice. Sand works well for root feeders as well, you can use some root tabs to add nutrients to substrate that don't have nutrients already in it. Or you could do a dirt cap or a plant type substrate. Not certain what plant substrate are good though.
 

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,583
Reaction score
3,785
Points
298
Experience
1 year
StXWP6 said:
alright so i think I've got the stocking nailed down but I just want to double check my equipment for the tank to see if it works.
I am getting an Aquaclear 50, a 150 Watt heater + Digital Thermometer, Aqueon LED full hood 30", Aqueon 40 air pump + air stone. please let me know if any of this doesnt work. Also what type of substrate would be good for a planted tank and or plants? I really like the look of Java moss/fern and anubias. Thanks! Any help is appreciated!
P.S. I didnt include the python/net and those types of things.
I wouldn't get a digital thermometer, I've tried three and they've all been very inaccurate and you can get one of the Marineland or Aqueon thermometers for a few dollars. I'd save some money and not get the air pump/stone too, unless you just want it
 
  • Thread starter

StXWP6

Valued Member
Messages
164
Reaction score
13
Points
53
Welp im back again... being indecisive as always, and I just wanted to know what I could keep with Peacock Gudgeons, I was thinking something like this...
3-4x Honey Gouramis
6-8x Schooler
4-6x Peacock Gudgeons
1x Clown or BN Pleco
Thanks any help is appreciated and I will gladly remove the schoolers if necessary.
 
  • Thread starter

StXWP6

Valued Member
Messages
164
Reaction score
13
Points
53
k then
 

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,583
Reaction score
3,785
Points
298
Experience
1 year
StXWP6 said:
Welp im back again... being indecisive as always, and I just wanted to know what I could keep with Peacock Gudgeons, I was thinking something like this...
3-4x Honey Gouramis
6-8x Schooler
4-6x Peacock Gudgeons
1x Clown or BN Pleco
Thanks any help is appreciated and I will gladly remove the schoolers if necessary.
I think that's probably overstocked for a 29..
StXWP6 said:
?
 

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,520
Reaction score
4,931
Points
608
Experience
5 to 10 years
StXWP6 said:
Welp im back again... being indecisive as always, and I just wanted to know what I could keep with Peacock Gudgeons, I was thinking something like this...
3-4x Honey Gouramis
6-8x Schooler
4-6x Peacock Gudgeons
1x Clown or BN Pleco
Thanks any help is appreciated and I will gladly remove the schoolers if necessary.
I think you could do the stock if you remove the school.
StXWP6 said:
I am also unsure what this is about? Is it because you didn’t get an answer right away?
 
  • Thread starter

StXWP6

Valued Member
Messages
164
Reaction score
13
Points
53
ok so im back, and I just wanted to ask what would be a centerpiece fish compatible with a school of 6 or 7 M. Praecox, I am not planning on putting anything else in the tank, but I was looking at A. Cacatuoides. Thanks ahead of time and any help is appreciated!
 

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,520
Reaction score
4,931
Points
608
Experience
5 to 10 years
You could do a boli ram or cockatoo pair with them.
 
  • Thread starter

StXWP6

Valued Member
Messages
164
Reaction score
13
Points
53
Platylover said:
You could do a boli ram or cockatoo pair with them.
Ok that really helps! I really wanted to do a pair of cockatoos but just wanted to see if it would work first. Based on what I've seen 78-79F would work best? correct me if Im wrong
 

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,520
Reaction score
4,931
Points
608
Experience
5 to 10 years
yes, 78 should be fine.
 
  • Thread starter

StXWP6

Valued Member
Messages
164
Reaction score
13
Points
53
Platylover said:
yes, 78 should be fine.
would i be able to replace the A. Cacatuoides with any type of apisto?
 

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,520
Reaction score
4,931
Points
608
Experience
5 to 10 years
StXWP6 said:
would i be able to replace the A. Cacatuoides with any type of apisto?
No, different species require different requirements. If you are interested in one you can look into if it’d work though.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom