Stocking 20gallon: Pandas Or Juliis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales7

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey, so after moving my comet goldfish into a bigger tank my 20 gallon seems a bit lonely. There are three male fancy guppies in there and some hornwort, the temp is 24 C and the tank is a few months old. I really want to get some corydoras. I saw Juliis and Pandas at the fish store today and I am just wondering how many I should get? I was thinking of getting four but which should I get, pandas or Juliis? Or should I go with another kind of bottom dweller? Is four too few? I have seen some dispute about how big of a school to keep Corys in. Thanks a lot in advance!

OP
Whales7

Whales7

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would get 6 of the pandas. They like to be in a schools. Most likely those are false Juliis FYI.
Oh, ok! That was fast haha.

I would get 6 of the pandas. They like to be in a schools. Most likely those are false Juliis FYI.
And you’re right the juliis i saw didn’t look like the ones online!

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Is it a long or tall? 4 would be to few and 6 is a good number to go with, but if it’s a tall I wouldn’t get any. They need room to swim and a tall really doesn’t offer that. If it is a long I would get 8.

OP
Whales7

Whales7

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Is it a long or tall? 4 would be to few and 6 is a good number to go with, but if it’s a tall I wouldn’t get any. They need room to swim and a tall really doesn’t offer that. If it is a long I would get 8.
It is a 20 Long. I am just worried that I will overstock since there are already three guppies

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh yeah, you’ll be fine then. I just see a lot of people putting inappropriate fish in a 20 tall, which honestly isn’t hard to do since it’s an awkward tank. A stock like this would be fine for your tank though-
8 cories
3 guppies

Guppies have heavy bios but in a 20g there’s enough room bioload wise to add a school with them.

OP
Whales7

Whales7

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
By the way, are all the Cories the same for care and behavior?

OP
Whales7

Whales7

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
No, different cories need different temp and parameters. Some have different behaviours as well. They’re similar but do differ.

Planetcatfish.com is a good place for general caresheets on them.
Great! Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom