Stocking 20 gallon

1. hannahjohnsen07

hannahjohnsen07 New Member Member

I am currently in nthe process of planting a 20 gallon then need to stock it, ive got a betta i want to add to get rid of the space being tsken by the little tank , i have heard bettas can do well in community tanks, what would be some good ideas with the betta ?

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bumping this up for you

3. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

What about some cherry barbs? You'll need to watch him very closely though, he may not be compatible with them as each betta is different. Some are sweet and shy while others are killers(like my Pebbles AKA the Ruthless Queen). Do you think your betta will do well with other fish?

4. ninjapuff

ninjapuff Valued Member Member

As a rule I never put anything in with my Betts's that my Betta will think is prettier than it. Anything with a fancy tail, or longer flowing fins, and anything that is known for fin nipping. That being said, I've successfully housed one of my Bettas with a glow skirt, and a pleco. But it does depend on your Betta, my female can't go in with the glow skirt and pleco because they stress her out. But the male is fine with them, I even put a gold dust Molly in with my male because the other Molly's and the platys were picking on him, and they did fine while he was in there recuperating.

5. OP
    OP
    hannahjohnsen07

hannahjohnsen07 New Member Member

What about something like gouarmi?

6. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

With a betta it wouldn't work, since they both can be territorial and both go to the top for air.

7. ninjapuff

ninjapuff Valued Member Member

I'm not familiar with gourami, maybe someone else will come along that knows more