Stocking 20 Gallon W/ Blue Dwarf Gourami

Kaleidoscope_Eyes83

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a 20 gallon high aquarium, planted, w/ driftwood and a bubbler. I'm running a Marineland 250 Hot filter w/ a max filtration capacity of 55 gallons.

After some research and plugging some options into aqadvisor, I think the following will be my stocking plan. I wanted to run it by some more experienced fish folks to make sure it makes sense:

- 1 Male Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami
- 1 Bolivian Ram
- 1 Balloon Molly
- 8 Harlequin Rasbora
- 2 Ghost Shrimp

Do you see any problems with this stocking plan? Any suggestions on what order I should add the fish in?

I already have the Dwarf Gourami and Ghosties and plan to add the rest slowly, a fish every couple of weeks as long as my water perams look good. I was going to add the Rasboras this weekend- should I add part of the school this week, say 4 and then add another 4 in a couple weeks? Or should I add the Ram first?

Kaleidoscope_Eyes83

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
aquatickeeper said:
Personally, I would skip the molly. The rest looks good.

How long has your tank been established?
This tank has been up since the beginning of April. It was an instant cycle because I transfered everything over from a smaller tank.

Thanks for the advice on skipping the Molly. Can you tell me why a Molly would be bad in this mix, so that I know for the future? Is there another fish that you could recommend to swap it out for?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom