Stocking 2 side by side 20 gallon long tanks.

bkaiser3

Well Known
Reaction score
What are some good stockings for 2, 20 gallon long tanks. Both will have sand and will be planted.

Aquaphobia

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I like a school of small tetras in a 20 long. They look really good swimming the length of the tank! Then you could do a centrepiece fish and a smaller bottom-dweller like cories

OP
B

bkaiser3

Well Known
Reaction score
I have never done kuhlI loaches. What do they require? I have always liked how they look.

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I bought 6 a few months ago and they are doing really well they need some places to hide, they like having plants to swim around and swim through. I feed mine shrimp pellets as well as the flakes that fall to the bottom , Frozen thawed brine shrimp and frozen thawed blood worms a couple of times a week They are extremely peaceful fish , nocturnal but do come out during the day when they get used to the tank. They like to pile in a group at times and at times will just dangle themselves from a plant stem like an ornament. Or will just swim across the tank at full speed. I ordered mine from Trinsfish .com and they all arrived happy and healthy and well packed. I had been looking for a long time but was never able to find them in any of the fish stores. I have the striped ones They need a minimum of 6 but more is better. Alison

OP
B

bkaiser3

Well Known
Reaction score
Anything other than a DG or honey for a centerpiece?

OP
B

bkaiser3

Well Known
Reaction score
When you say small tetras what specials constitutes small

Species*

And what about betta communities?

Flowingfins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
For a betta community you would have to do one school of small, dull colored, not nippy fish. Possibly a pleco or a school of warm water cories. I don't recommend it, IMO bettas should be kept alone.

BluMan1914

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How about a community for one tank, and a single species for the other tank?

Aquaphobia

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
bkaiser3 said:
When you say small tetras what specials constitutes small

Species*

And what about betta communities?
To add to the list provided by CROWNTAILBETTA, you could also consider Glowlight tetras and Black Neons. There's another one that I've seen that I thought was really cool, like a dark-bodied, green-stripe version of Glowlights, but I've only seen them at one person's house and never at a store. There are definitely more small tetras than those though!

Oh, and as for a betta community; did you mean a sorority of only female bettas, or did you mean a community tank with a male betta in it?

OP
B

bkaiser3

Well Known
Reaction score
Either or. I know nothing about bettas.

Aquaphobia

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
In that case, I wouldn't try it. Bettas are territorial and can be difficult in the wrong situation. I would suggest more peaceful community fish

OP
B

bkaiser3

Well Known
Reaction score
That's another area I don't know much other than what I have been told here. I have alwayd had larger more aggressive cichlids. My 125 currently has 2 jack dempseys, an oscar, green terror, 2 convicts and a electric blue acara.

New Threads