Stocking 190litre corner tank.

earthworm

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi folks ,

I've never posted here but I do read a lot of threads on this forum and if you could help me out I'd really appreciate it ;D

I'm looking for stocking advice for my 190L corner unit with a Fluval 205 external filter and these are the fish I found that I like most and are available in my area

Rummynose tetra
Kuhli loaches
Dwarf gourami
Ottos
Cardinal Tetra/Harleqiun Rasbora ( I can't decide )

and hopefully if there is enough space maybe an Angelfish or Blood Parrot (fell in love with Blood Parrots when I first saw them!)

Do you think this would make a good peaceful community tank? If not, could you recommend some other fish.

I'm leaning towards live plants and driftwood in this tank if that will help towards recommendations

Plus, I do know about The Nitrogen Cycle and stuff incase you were gonna ask! I apologise for such a long 1st post ;D

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to the Forum!!!

That's a nice size tank. I have 5 kuhlis with 10 rummy nose and can highly recommend both. They are wonderful species and great together.

I think your stocking looks fine, however, I'll wait to have someone who has your specific fish weigh in on their compatibility.

Gotta love those blood parrots, huh? I have 3 and they charm me every day.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome to fishlore!!!

I think your stocking would make a fun tank!! love the corner tanks
I dont think there would be enough room for a blood parrot as they like to be with others of their own kind...and as adults, I dont think the tank will be big enough....you could attempt an angel, but they do like tetras for a snack if they can catch them and fit them in their mouth...although I have some angels that grew up with my tetras and they dont bother them.. make sure you get us some pics!

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you were to have kuhlis, you should not have parrots. I'm certain the parrots would think the kuhlis were earthworms and snarf them right down.

I have my parrots with a rainbow shark and danios.

You could probably have:

2 blood parrots
6 rummy nose tetras
3 ottos

Let's have others weigh in.

earthworm

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the quick replies, looks like I'll have to skip the Blood Parrots. My girlfriend also loves Blood Parrots so maybe that's an excuse for a bigger future tank of just Parrots

My local fish store has juvenile angels, ya think if I put a juve in last it could be safe enough to grow up with the tetras?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom