Stocking 16 Gallon

PepperidgeFarms

Valued Member
Reaction score
I posted this in a different category and didn't realize there was one specifically devoted to stocking questions so
... Any ideas what I can stock in a 16 gallon with a betta assuming he's ok with a community tank setting?
If he isn't and I end up buying a 5 gallon tank for him then what else could I put in the 16 gallon?

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

PepperidgeFarms

Valued Member
Reaction score
Panda Cories are one of my favourites that I wanted to make sure to get but was told I need at least 4 of them (preferrably 6) and it takes more than a 16 gallon, can anyone clarify for me?
How many tetras can/should I get?
I was thinking the betta for the top dweller, 6-8 (I don't know how many fit) Celestial pearl danios for the middle and 6 panda cories and if not them than possibly a couple african dwarf frogs for bottom dwellers and a snail or two...
Does any of this sound reasonable or am I way off?
I'm just starting to get back into fishkeeping and I want to make sure I'm not overstocking but also want to take full advantage of what space I have (I know it's not a large tank) I'm also wanting to get into growing plants as well if that affects anything

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
PepperidgeFarms said:
Panda Cories are one of my favourites that I wanted to make sure to get but was told I need at least 4 of them (preferrably 6) and it takes more than a 16 gallon, can anyone clarify for me?
How many tetras can/should I get?
I was thinking the betta for the top dweller, 6-8 (I don't know how many fit) Celestial pearl danios for the middle and 6 panda cories and if not them than possibly a couple african dwarf frogs for bottom dwellers and a snail or two...
Does any of this sound reasonable or am I way off?
I'm just starting to get back into fishkeeping and I want to make sure I'm not overstocking but also want to take full advantage of what space I have (I know it's not a large tank) I'm also wanting to get into growing plants as well if that affects anything
That sound perfect! To put that into a list I'd do:
x1 betta
x8 celestial pearl danios
x6 panda cories
x3 Malaysian trumpet snails

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom