Stocking 16 Gallon

1. PepperidgeFarms

PepperidgeFarms Valued Member Member

I posted this in a different category and didn't realize there was one specifically devoted to stocking questions so
    ... Any ideas what I can stock in a 16 gallon with a betta assuming he's ok with a community tank setting?
    If he isn't and I end up buying a 5 gallon tank for him then what else could I put in the 16 gallon?

2. Fredward

Fredward Valued Member Member

Harlequin rasboras make good tank mates for bettas and don't take up too much space.

3. RainBetta

RainBetta Well Known Member Member

4. OP
    OP
    PepperidgeFarms

PepperidgeFarms Valued Member Member

Panda Cories are one of my favourites that I wanted to make sure to get but was told I need at least 4 of them (preferrably 6) and it takes more than a 16 gallon, can anyone clarify for me?
    How many tetras can/should I get?
    I was thinking the betta for the top dweller, 6-8 (I don't know how many fit) Celestial pearl danios for the middle and 6 panda cories and if not them than possibly a couple african dwarf frogs for bottom dwellers and a snail or two...
    Does any of this sound reasonable or am I way off?
    I'm just starting to get back into fishkeeping and I want to make sure I'm not overstocking but also want to take full advantage of what space I have (I know it's not a large tank) I'm also wanting to get into growing plants as well if that affects anything

5. RainBetta

RainBetta Well Known Member Member

That sound perfect! To put that into a list I'd do:
    x1 betta
    x8 celestial pearl danios
    x6 panda cories
    x3 Malaysian trumpet snails