Stocking 15 Gallon

1. Michael100 Initiate Member

Hello,

Tank is 18 Length x 12 Depth x 15 Height (inches), so quite a square tank. Basically a 10 gallon, but with extra height that gives a volume of 14 - 15 gallons.

I want to stock something as a species only and am looking at things like dwarf puffers or bumblebee goby.

Any suggestions?

2. Planted Aquatics Member Member

A Bumble Bee Goby can't fit in that tank, I wouldn't put it in less than 30 gallons. But you could put about 5-8 Dwarf Puffers at the most, but they will probably outgrow that tank eventually and might get agressive. Also, what filter do you use? If you wanted a community fish tank, I would go with something else because they aren't the best community fish, as I said they can get territorial and aggressive.

3. aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

Maybe small schooling fish like CPDs?

4. kayla.s Well Known Member Member

Definitely not 5-8 puffers. Maybe two or three. They are territorial fish and if you decide to get them, it's a good idea to have more females than males as the male will most likely harass the female. They like live foods, such as snails

5. vin Well Known Member Member

Dwarf puffers are highly aggressive, territorial and are particular about their water conditions. Ideally there should only be one and really should be in a 30G with plenty of swim space. If you want more than one I would make sure to get one male, 1 female. 2 of the same sex will most definitely butt heads.

6. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

7. Michael100 Initiate Member

So how do you add the 5 gallons that i have on top of that?

8. kayla.s Well Known Member Member

@Michael100 honestly less is more when it comes to stocking. And depending on which fish you decide on it'll most likely be best to have that extra 5g room.

9. goplecos Well Known Member Member

I think you should just use that stocking list. As you said the tank is about as long as a standard 10 gallon, and the extra height won't add much swimming room for the fish.