Stocking 120g Tropical

The_fishy

The aquarium club I started at my college is putting a 120 gallon aquarium in our science building. Do you all have some stocking ideas? Leaning more towards peaceful and unusual fish that would be comparable with:

-Opaline Gourami
-Twig Catfish
-Cardinal Tetras
-Medium-sized pleco of some sort (nothing above $35)

I’ve never stocked a tank even close to this large before, so suggestions are very welcome! We plan to put a large branch in the tank and have tons of hardy plants. Noodle-y loaches that work well with others would also be neat!

Zachsnanotanks

The aquarium club I started at my college is putting a 120 gallon aquarium in our science building. Do you all have some stocking ideas? Leaning more towards peaceful and unusual fish that would be comparable with:

-Opaline Gourami
-Twig Catfish
-Cardinal Tetras
-Medium-sized pleco of some sort (nothing above $35)

I’ve never stocked a tank even close to this large before, so suggestions are very welcome! We plan to put a large branch in the tank and have tons of hardy plants. Noodle-y loaches that work well with others would also be neat!

Rainbows, rope fish (may eat Cardinals) African dwarf frogs, corydora cats, any large school looks great, blood parrot chichlid. German Rams. Any type of angel. African butterfly fish elephant fish and the list goes on. Just go to your local fish store and see what they have! Good luck with the 120!!

The_fishy

Zachsnanotanks

Thanks for your input! We are definitely interested in rams and snakeskin gouramis

The_fishy

So what we are thinking now (not final stocking)

-Snakeskin gourami (how many?)
-Opaline gourami (2)
-Cardinal tetras (20)or Emperor Tetras (20) or Dwarf Rainbowfish (20)
-Rummynose tetras (20)
-Twig catfish (2)
-Bolivian Rams (4)
-Dojo Loach (3)
-Rope fish (2)
-Medium-sized pleco

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
delta5
Replies
Views