Stocking 10g

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by puffer boi, Apr 20, 2018.

1. puffer boi

puffer boiWell Known MemberMember

i have a 10g im currently cycling. for stocking could i do asain stone cats with a dario, badis or something else

2. phantom

phantomValued MemberMember

3. OP
    OP
    puffer boi

i could only do green neons because neons get too big.

@Anders247

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2018
  4. phantom

phantomValued MemberMember

ok cool if you want more suggestions do (snails or shrimp I love them and they are interesting)if not good luck on the tank hope it is a fun project for you :)

5. OP
    OP
    puffer boi

okay bye

6. Abby565

Abby565Valued MemberMember

Asian Stone Cats are cool, a group of 3-4 would work with a nano school, or a pair of Dario Dario. The only trick is that with scarlet badis, they need live food.

7. OP
    OP
    puffer boi

what live food will they take, snails?
    dario dario is the same thing as a scarlet badis

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  8. Abby565

I know that they are the same!:D I was just using them interchangebly, I like to use both scientific and common names.

They don't eat snails, not that I know of at least. A couple good foods off the top of my head, live brine shrimp, live cut up black worms etc. You can teach them to eat frozen and maybe prepared foods eventually but it is better for them to eat live.

9. OP
    OP
    puffer boi

i think ill just go with pea puffers then

10. Abby565

How many?

11. OP
    OP
    puffer boi

1 maybe 2

12. Five 97

Five 97Well Known MemberMember

I think you could do 2-3 Pea puffers, but only one male. Danio erythromicron would be another option in a 10g, they're very shy but are beautiful. Here's a list for 10G: Stocking List for 10 Gallons

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice