Stocking 10g

1. MicahD

MicahD Valued Member Member

2. m

minervalong Well Known Member Member

It seems to be a bit heavy on bottom level fishes. In that size tank, you would have to choose between loaches and corys. I would choose one of those and add a small school of a microrasbora for midlevel.

3. OP
    OP
    MicahD

Pygmy cories are mid level swimmers. Unlike the standard cory.

4. m

So you are looking at C. pygmaeus, I have C. habrosus. The phrase pygmy cory is often applied to all three of the micro corys. Sorry for the confusion.

5. OP
    OP
    MicahD

It's all good. I should have clarified that in the original post. So with that being established, what do you think about the stocking?

6. m

Looks like it would work, do they pygmys eat at midlevel? That would be my only question. Otherwise, the loaches might outeat the corys.

7. OP
    OP
    MicahD

Yeah. I believe they do. The loaches will get along with the shrimp though?

8. m

That I cannot say, have had neither. Loaches look too much like snakes to me lol.

9. OP
    OP
    MicahD

Haha. I thought it would be an interesting change in the tank.

10. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

In my opinion, none of these fish are suitable for a 10g, especially the kuhlis and gourami. The cories are a little more borderline but I still wouldn't keep them in a 10.
    Have a look at this thread: Stocking List for 10 Gallons

11. m

I thought that the C. pygmeaus were good to go in a 10? Is it because they are so busy?

12. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

That, and they get a little over an inch long, which is my personal guideline for schooling fish in a 10g.

13. OP
    OP
    MicahD

I was asking primarily for the loaches. I wasn't sure about them. I am definitely comfortable and confident about keeping the gourami and the cories in the 10 and having them all do well. I understand that it's just your opinion. I will stray away from the loaches (which was my original plan anyway) and stick with a simpler stocking plan.

14. m

OK thanks, when I know a why, I can remember it.