Stock Suggestions

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Now I have been having a think recently about my tank. It has been stable for some time now, but the time has come to make changes. For the sake of the fish.

So, we have a 60l (between 15 & 16Gals) tank to play with. Currently, there's 3 danios (soon 2 as one is in a bad shape, very bloated, suspected Dropsy), 3 cories, 1 neon, 2 silver tips, a honey gouramI & a bunch of RCS.

The danios are survivors, but I don't want to keep just 2 ina tank. They have always been good danios, no chasing, biting,bullying etc. But I feel it is pushing it to have 2, so they can go. The neon is the sole survivor of a random few deaths months back, they are schoolers so he can go, and the 2 silver tips just cut about randomly, usually near the plants, also schoolers, so they can go.

I'm keeping the gourami, the shrimp and the cories (they're all my favourites and non-negotiable) but I would like some suggestions please. It's not set in stone, but it's not fair on the fish left as you can see.

My filtration is 10x the tank volume. I usually have a spare filter running, but for the moment I have no spare plugs (but the 10x HOB I have is adequate I know...). You can probably see I did overstock a little, but my water has been 0, 0 & 10 for as long as I can remember so the quality is not an issue for what I had done.

Any suggestions welcome (If you think I should add more neons for examople, mention this too, anything is welcomed as my neon is a survivor and deserves to stay!)

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When you say they can go, you mean be rehomed?

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sorry--forgot to explain (thanks), my LFS will take them for me to rehome!!

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would get more neons, and that's it. A DG, corys, neons and shrimp will be good for a 15 gallon tank.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That's cool, I do like them, so I'll see what I can arrange!

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow, no one else has anything to say on the matter....

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Jaysee said:
Wow, no one else has anything to say on the matter....
your advice was good.

I love neons, so it's what I would do as well. But you can replace them with another small schooling fish if you want, probably.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I guess so, but realising I had answered my own question in my original post kinda makes me wonder why I asked lol!!

I do like the neons, so it wouldn't hurt much to add some more!

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sometimes it's good to get validation

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well this is true I guess!