Stock my tank!

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by 173ABN, Jul 28, 2015.

1. 173ABN

173ABN Valued Member Member

There are a million options for stocking a 55 out there. My rough idea is a centerpiece fish with 18 or so small schooling fish and 6 corys. Shoot me some ideas! Thanks all.

2. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydro Well Known Member Member

3. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Guessing by your avatar, red tailed shark, with some equally sized schooling fish such as Congo tetras, some kind of rainbowfish and a school of kuhli loaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. OP
    OP
    173ABN

How about a pearl gourami, 6 turquoise rainbows, 10 harlequin rasboras, and a redtail shark. Would the rasboras be okay with the bigger fish?

5. Dom90

The RTS may try to eat the rasboras but I'm not sure about that.

6. OP
    OP
    173ABN

I'm hopeful if I add it last and find the smallest one possible it will work. I don't think it would eat them but could harass them relentlessly. I'm hoping a school of ten would discourage him. I'll setup plenty of decor that he can "claim".

7. Dom90

Yea it's usually an idea to add "the baddest dude" in case of possible aggression issues.

8. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Sounds fine to me.

9. OP
    OP
    173ABN

Bad news. Started measuring to see if I could successfully find a spot in the house for a 55. No dice. Not one dang spot I can fit it. Looks like I will be setting up my 20H again. I think I'm gonna do 5 albino corys and an angel. Gonna use a black background with black sand to make everything pop. I am also upgrading to a small ehiem canister, LED hood, and a new heater.

10. Dom90

A 20H is far too small for an angelfish, they need a minimum of 55 gallons.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice