Stock my 5 gallon!

Mii

i have an empty 5 gallon and am open to suggestions! also make sure it takes dried or frozen food because i don't want to deal with live.
EDIT: i know shrimp and inverts can be pretty cool but i really want a FISH.

kbn

Desi

blennylover2323

bettas are great tank members for 5 gallon tanks.

smee82

If you send it to me i will stock it for you. :p

kbn

Wait, you can try a Thai micro crab species only tank! With some amano shrimp and dense vegetation

That would be really unique

JettsPapa

Shrimp.

Mii

Desi said:
I used to have a betta.

Shrimp are cool, but i really want a fish in this one. Maybe a fish and some shrimp if there's room, i know shrimp have a very low bioload.

jkkgron2

Mii

jkkgron2 said:
How about a pea puffer?
I've been considering those. They are very cute.

Hugooo

Bloodfeather

AcornTheBetta

Killifish, pea puffer, or bumblebee goby.

Hanzla Khan

Mii said:
i have an empty 5 gallon and am open to suggestions! also make sure it takes dried or frozen food because i don't want to deal with live.
EDIT: i know shrimp and inverts can be pretty cool but i really want a FISH.
A school of Pygmy Corys.

Hugooo

Hanzla Khan said:
A school of Pygmy Corys.
I personally think that a 5 gallon is too small, with the amount of energy they have. A 10 gallon would be better for them, also taking into consideration that they should be in groups of 8 or more to really thrive, as they live in groups of thousands in the wild.

Hanzla Khan

Hugooo said:
I personally think that a 5 gallon is too small, with the amount of energy they have. A 10 gallon would be better for them, also taking into consideration that they should be in groups of 8 or more to really thrive, as they live in groups of thousands in the wild.
It is true that a 10 gallon would be the better choice, but I believe that they can also be kept in a 5 gallon. Given that a 5 gallon is 16"x8"x10" and these guys max out at around 1", a school of them should do just fine in a 5 gallon.

jkkgron2

Hanzla Khan said:
It is true that a 10 gallon would be the better choice, but I believe that they can also be kept in a 5 gallon. Given that a 5 gallon is 16"x8"x10" and these guys max out at around 1", a school of them should do just fine in a 5 gallon.
I’ve seen them in stores before and I think they’re too active. For a school of 6 or more a 10g would be best and would make them feel a lot more comfortable.

Top Bottom