Stock List 55 Gallon

1. D

Draco77 New Member Member

Was planning on 15 dannios, 20 ember tettras,10 dwarf coryies, 2 cockatoo cichlids, and 5 nitrate snails. Does this sound like a ok stock. My filter is a xp3

2. Samuel97

Samuel97 Well Known Member Member

I'd say that's pretty spot on but you could go for a larger corydoras species in this size tank. You definitely have space for it and a group of just 10 C. pygmaeus will unfortunately get lost in this tank as its so huge and in such a small group they will often hide. They also use the mid water area far more than the larger corydoras so aren't a true bottom dweller. What temp are you keeping this tank at? as the danios and tetras like cooler water, i'm unsure about the cockatoo, you would probably need a cooler water corydoras species

3. Yves

Yves Valued Member Member

Unless you want white sesame seed eggs all over your tank, skip the Nerite snails.

4. Samuel97

Samuel97 Well Known Member Member

My nerite snails done leave eggs at all, they rareley lay because they arent in brackish water and corydoras, shrimp and snails all eat them plus many fish.

5. FishFish221

FishFish221 Well Known Member Member

What type of danio?
    If it is zebra danios, then they are not temperature compatible with cockatoo cichlids. You could either switch the danios for another type of fish or switch the cockatoo cichlids to bolivian rams.

6. OP
    OP
    D

Draco77 New Member Member

What would be a good surface fish for this tank

7. goplecos

goplecos Well Known Member Member

Silver Hatchetfish might work better.

8. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Nerite snails will still lay eggs in freshwater, they just seem to do it in spurts. They can't hatch in freshwater is the thing.