55 Gallon Tank Stock it for me

NMfishman

Please give any and all ideas on fish for my new 55 gallon. Any and all fish suggestions are welcome, I think I know what I want but just curious of everyone's ideas!

bolivianbaby

1. Firemouth species tank

2. MalawI mbuna tank (3 snow white socolofi, 3 red zebras, 3 electric blue johanni's, and 3 yellow labs)

3. A pair of JD's and a pair of convicts

4. Pair of angels, 10 rummynose tetras, 10 cories, 3 platys

Just a few thoughts;D

Nate McFin

You have been keeping fish for a long time....is time for a Discus tank?

NMfishman

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, they are really great!
Not sure which is my favorite, but in the mean time if anyone else has a suggestion I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

platy ben

Jrobber

Lots of Mollies!!!

Just kidding, but that's probably what I would stock it with. Maybe an Angel and some Swordtails too.

NMfishman

Thanks everyone, great suggestions! I think I am going to take certain fish you suggested and make a new list. like the angels, cories, gouramis, and maybe the rams and tetras!
Thanks again

Nutter

Cody6511

How about a pair of gold sevs and some dwarf neon rainbows? and then some Swartz cory cats (I recommend these cats because my last name is Swartz )

But I love the sevs and rainbows they are beautiful.

And if that's not the route then I agree with Nate, a discus tank would be the ultimate freshwater tank!

NMfishman

Cody6511 said:
How about a pair of gold sevs and some dwarf neon rainbows? and then some Swartz cory cats (I recommend these cats because my last name is Swartz )

But I love the sevs and rainbows they are beautiful.

And if that's not the route then I agree with Nate, a discus tank would be the ultimate freshwater tank!
I love dwarf rainbows, but I can't get them out here >
I do like discus but they cost so much and the only LFS out here that carries them is horrible
I think I am going to have angels and cories, but I might consider the sev with them.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Nutter

I think it would be best not to put a Sev with Angels. Sevs have lots more aggression than Angels & probably wouldn't play nicely. Some non-nippy Tetras or Rasboras might be nice with Angels & Corys.

NMfishman

Thanks Nutter, I was wondering about that. Yeah I was thinking some rasboras!

Cody6511

Hmmm that's a bummer you can't get the dwarf rainbows! Have you looked at liveaquaria? They would ship them out to you!

I did some checking and the dwarfs are $6.99 with $8.99 flate rate shipping from liveaquaria and fromthatpetplace they are $5.99 with $7.99 flat rate. I have heard great things about Doctors Foster and Smith and Liveaquaria, but I haven't heard much about thatpetplace although I receive their catalog lol. Just some suggestions for you I hope they help!

NMfishman

Thanks Cody and Elodia, but I have already decided on how I am going to stock it and have gotten angels and other fish for it.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom